I'm taking time away to dream, I'm taking time out to clean up my room, and when I clean up, my room will gleam, because dreams aren't as unreal as they seem. - Arthur Russell

Friday, August 6, 2010

The Dream Time of the Soul

Tuesday, August 3rd, the same day Jordan landed in Auckland, Jesus Christchurch and Invercargill, New Zealand, I ran across a stray dog. Actually, he ran right to Soup and I as we were walking around Wilmo', during our lunchtime stroll. I've seen the dog a time or two before, heard Jordy and some neighbors chat about him and heard he had a boy vs. dog interaction with our little friend, Liam. It was a good one. This Pitt Mix's joyful personality, grabbed my attention. He was strong, happy and playful. "Metewa", a Maori name that means, the dream time of the Soul, was what I called him (thanks to my fancy phone while waiting for advise on what to do with him, I could look up Maori names, in honor of Jordy's arrival to NZ). I immediately called Billy, knowing that he would guide Metewa in the direction of life after stray-dom. He helped out, making calls and talking to his rescue friends. Since he and his wonderful family of 7 (including dogs/not including bird and fish) rescue on an ongoing basis, he has great contacts. I felt confidant that Metewa would see his next "x" amount of years, in a good home. He told me to make some calls to the Humane Society, and later called back saying Metewa's best bet would be for animal control to take him in, as the Humane Society was full. After dialing 311, Officer Brad showed up. We connected immediately and he was more than helpful. Knowing very well that Metewa is high percentage Pitt, and the Animal Control Center will not adopt out Pitts, he entered his breed in the system as Lab Mix. Now Metewa can be adopted :) His adoption number is A787568. I called today and 311 said there is already an interested party, although he is not available for adoption quite yet. I later found out that the "interested party" was me. Bummer. I need to find this sweet boy a home. As long as his vet check goes well, he should be able to meet his forever family, as early as August 7th! Thank you Metewa for coming up to Soup and I for help. (Pictures will be added soon).

No comments:

Post a Comment