I'm taking time away to dream, I'm taking time out to clean up my room, and when I clean up, my room will gleam, because dreams aren't as unreal as they seem. - Arthur Russell

Monday, August 16, 2010

Slow Fix

Here is the final picture of the [fixed] water pipe before I fill the trench with the North Carolina clay. In the photo, the trench is filled with water due to 3 geysers that erupted during previous attempts to fix the old pipe. The water has been leaking slowly on and off for weeks. After multiple failed attempts to fix the stubborn split, I finally went to Lowes to purchase the proper 160psi rated pipe that it required. I had to pick up 100ft of it, so if the brittle pipe bursts again, I am prepared. Also, a tip from the big men at Little Hardware: Soak the pipe in boiling water before twisting it onto the male adapter. Worked like a charm.

No comments:

Post a Comment